Sunday, December 27, 2009

Putting My Feet Up



Now that another Christmas season has come and gone, I'm looking forward to putting my feet up and relaxing until New Year's Eve.

Christmas eve was spent at my Great-Grandma and Grandpa's house. This is where the feasting began. My Great-Grandma made the most delicious turkey dinner, followed by homemade Lemon Meringue pie.

Our Christmas day consisted of opening presents with our little girl in the morning, then proceeding to head to my Mom and Dad's for Christmas brunch (and more present opening), and lastly we headed to my husband's parents place to enjoy Christmas dinner and even more gift giving. We didn't get home until 11:00pm and we were exhausted.

And Boxing day was spent at my other Great-Grandparent's home. Where we stuffed ourselves with every type of food imaginable.

Now, I'm tired. And stuffed.

I'm putting my feet up and I'm not going anywhere until I absolutely need to. While I'm relaxing, I'll be thinking about how blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life whom I love and care for deeply. I'll be thinking about how blessed I am to live in Canada, and how fortunate we are to be able to celebrate Christmas.

I think I'll make some peppermint tea, grab my new copy of Alice Munro's latest collection of short stories 'Too Much Happiness' and then take a nap.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment